Accessing our new online banking facilities
A quick guide for current members
We are delighted that as part of the IT system we have been able to enhance our online banking facilities giving you more control over your accounts and their operation. Security levels have been enhanced to facilitate this.
As a result of the enhancements, all members wishing to use the online banking facilities will be required to complete a new registration form - including members who have been using our previous online facilities.
We have worked hard to ensure the registration process is as straightforward and easy as possible and hope this quick introduction will help guide you through the steps you will need to follow to access these advanced services.
Step 1: Our new Members Area
Access to online banking is from within the secure Members Area of the website. All members can access the Members Area whether or not they are looking to use our online banking facilities.
To login to the Members Area, click on the Login link which appears at the top right of every page of the site.
On the login page you will be prompted to confirm your Scotwest member number and your date of birth.
All members have been issued with their new 9 digit member numbers. If your notification letter has not yet arrived or you have lost your number, please contact the Member Enquiry Line for assistance.
Step 2: Register for Online Banking
Once you have logged in to the Members Area, follow the link 'Register for Online Banking'. You will find this on the right hand side of the screen beside the Login to Online Banking image (it is in orange).
Once you have clicked on this link, you will be taken to the registration page for our online banking facilities.
This page will open in a new window and you will see the web url details change. Our secure online banking service (www.creditunionbankingonline.com) is provided by Tata Consultancy Services Limited and you will be able to confirm this by clicking on the locked padlock symbol on the page.
To register, complete the form before pressing confirm.
A few points to note when completing the form:
- The member number is your new 9 digit member number.
- The email address you enter on the form will be used by the system to forward you an initial temporary password which you will need to complete your online registration. Please ensure the email address you provide is a personal one and one which is secure. Online banking will also issue future security notifications for your online account to your email address and so please ensure you update your email details should your change address.
- Your existing preference with regard to statements will not have been transferred over to the new system. Please ensure when completing the form you let us know whether you wish to receive paper statements or whether you are happy to view transactions and statements online.
Once you have pressed confirm, your online registration request will be submitted. Once processed, you will receive an email which will include a temporary login password which you will be able to use to complete the online banking registration process.
Step 3 - Completing your online registration
Once you have received your email with the temporary password you will be able to complete your online registration.
To do this:
- Return to the Scotwest website and login to the Members Area using your 9 digit member number and your date of birth.
- Once in the Members Area follow the link Login to Online Banking >Login. You will find this link on the right hand side of the main page content.
- Using this link will take you to our online banking facility
- After reading the security information, select Login to online banking
- You will then reach the main login screen
- Enter your 9 digit member number, the temporary security password which you have been emailed (this will be numerical eg.123456) and confirm your mother's maiden name.
- On first login you will be prompted to read and accept the terms and conditions for online banking
- Once you have accepted the terms and conditions, you will be prompted to change this temporary password to a more secure Login Password. You will be guided as to what format this password should follow.
- You will also be prompted to set up an additional Transaction Password. This is a further layer of security. Your transaction password will be required for some online transactions.
- Once you have set up these passwords, your online registration is complete.
Please note that the temporary security password will be valid for a limited time period and therefore we recommend you complete the registration process within a few days of receiving the email.
If you have any questions at any time, please contact the Member Enquiry Line on 0141 227 2390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org