Go Paper Free
Every year Scotwest sends out an Annual Statement to 19,000 of our members. 2016’s Annual Statement mailout saw 131,000 sheets of paper sent out at a cost £18,000.
Reducing the number of paper statements being mailed out will not only save money, allowing us to invest more by offering improved products and services and increase member dividends, but it will also help the environment*.
You can save your credit union money and do your bit for the environment by opting out of paper statements before this year’s statement mailout in October.
Simply log in to online banking as normal (if you are not currently registered for online banking yet you can register here) then follow these steps below.
If you still like to see a regular statement don’t worry, with Scotwest Online Banking you can produce statements to view or print at any time.
1. Click on ‘Personal Details’ In the Profile section of the menu.
2. Input your Transaction Password.
3. Change your Opt out of paper statements setting from ‘No’ to ‘Yes’
4. Click ‘Update’
*Some info about last year’s statement mailout:
- Our Annual Statement last year was the equivalent of around 10 trees, which is enough to provide oxygen to support 20 human beings
- It takes a staggering 10 liters of water to produce just 1 sheet of A4 paper!
- Producing this amount of paper (over half a ton) uses the same amount of energy it takes to run an average household for 5 months.