Women In Finance
Scotwest Credit Union is a signatory firm of the Women in Finance Charter
As part of our Social Responsibility Promise, we are committed to equal opportunities for all and take steps to eliminate the Gender pay gap.
To that end, Scotwest is proud to be a signatory of the Women In Finance Charter which is a commitment by HM Treasury and over 300 firms around the UK to work together to make the financial services industry balanced and fair.
- commits firms to supporting the progression of women into senior roles in the financial services sector by focusing on the executive pipeline and the mid-tier level;
- recognises the diversity of the sector and that firms will have different starting points – each firm should therefore set its own targets and implement the right strategy for its organisation;
- requires firms to publicly report on progress to deliver against these internal targets to support the transparency and accountability needed to drive change.
Scotwest is promoting gender diversity by:
- having one member of our senior executive team who is responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion;
- setting internal targets for gender diversity in our senior management;
- publishing progress annually against these targets in reports on our website;
- having an intention to ensure the pay of the senior executive team is linked to delivery against these internal targets on gender diversity.
How are we doing?
At the time of signing the Women In Finance Charter Scotwest in September 2020:
- There is 75% female representation in our senior management team and we commit to ensuring this will not fall below 50%
- Female staff accounted for 66% of our total workforce
- In 2020 we committed to having female representation in our Board of Directors of 30%. As of February 2021 female Directors account for 33% of our Board.