Scotwest is one of the leading credit unions in Britain and with more than 30,000 members and over £65m in assets is one of the largest.
As a member owned financial co-operative, our focus is on service and we pride ourselves in the exceptionally high level of satisfaction registered by our members. Our values of Care, Respect, Openness and Honesty drive everything we do and this is reflected in the working environment: we are a Real Living Wage employer; we have a high level of open and transparent communication with all staff and our ethos is that staff normally only work the hours for which they are contracted.
Find out more about Scotwest Credit Union here.
Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Scotwest Credit Union is currently looking to recruit an Administration Assistant to join the team at its city centre location.
As part of the dedicated Member Service team, you will be required to provide an efficient and professional administrative support service to all areas of the credit union office, and to effectively and accurately administer member accounts and requests.
You will be helping members with enquiries about their accounts and Scotwest products. Our team is focussed on providing excellent member service and we expect all our staff to deal with enquiries in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
What you’ll need to succeed
As an Administration Assistant we need you to:
- be able to organise information and workload to ensure that all tasks are completed by the end of the day
- be confident in your approach to work and be able to take on any additional tasks as and when required
- have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- be quality driven to ensure that all tasks are completed to the best of your ability at all times
- possess good communication skills
- be a good team player with a positive attitude to work
- be willing to learn new skills
- have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel (preferable but not essential)
What you’ll get in return
- A salary of £9.50 per hour (£18,525 per annum) Scotwest is an accredited Living Wage employer
- Employer contribution to pension of 6% of salary
- Death in Service benefit (currently 3 times annual salary)
- Voucher schemes for eyecare and childcare
- Ongoing training and support to fully develop your skills to deliver exceptional member service
- 28 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
Please note, for the successful candidate we carry out pre-screening checks which includes a credit check and the provision of satisfactory references for the last 5 years (if possible).
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 27 November