Where Communities Count
At Scotwest, we recognise the important role we can play within society. Across these pages you will find information and updates on Scotwest’s commitment to continue growing in a manner that is considerate of our Members and their communities:
- Our Social Responsibility Promise outlines Scotwest’s aims for improving our relationships within our communities, our environment and the people around us.
- The Scotwest Community Awards offers grants to organisations nominated by our Members to support the work they are doing in their local communities.
- The Director’s Charity Awards is an annual donation to a charity chosen by one of our Members chosen by random draw every January.
- For the Take Control of Your Financial Life pages we have worked with the Money Advice Service to provide a wealth of articles on everything from why and how to save to when it’s the right time to borrow and how to speak to young people about their money.
- If you receive a paper Annual Statement from Scotwest you could consider Going Paper Free to help reduce the impact your credit union has on the environment (as well as saving us money!)
- Scotwest In Schools branches can be run in nurseries, and primary and secondary schools across the west of Scotland, Stirling, Perth & Kinross, Dumfries & Galloway and Highlands, introducing young people to the importance of savings.
- The team at Scotwest Supports a number of causes that are important to them through regular internal fundraising events.